Anyone from <span class="highlight">Dubbo</span> or surrounds?

Submitted: Monday, Jun 09, 2008 at 22:15
ThreadID: 58584 Views:1573 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

I am interested in a vehicle for sale in Dubbo. Wondering if there is anyone that would mind having a look over it for me and giving some honest feedback?
If not a good local mechanic that I can arrange to have a look?

Also how does one go about buying a vehicle from NSW when I live in SA?
Do I need to tranfer the rego in NSW first and then get SA rego?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

944runner
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:19

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:19
Not in Dubbo so cannt help with that bit...

sold old car to qlder and he just took it to their version of the rta and transfered it up there...it had 12 months rego on it and I think all he had to do was cancel the nsw plates, got a refund and paid for the 12 month qld rego.....but it was all done up there....if you transfer it to your name in nsw you need to provide an address that you have live at....(friends have used parents addresses before when needed)

hjope this helps
AnswerID: 308993

Reply By: old mate - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:37

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:37
Buy it and drive it home. To transfer the rego, you will have to take it to DOT at Regency Park where they will inspect it to check all the numbers match etc. Then you can go to the rego office next door and register it in your name, pay a lot of money, get issued SA plates and surrender the NSW ones.
AnswerID: 308995

Follow Up By: 944runner - Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:44

Tuesday, Jun 10, 2008 at 13:44
thanks, I was hoping it would be as easy as that, although I don't like the part about paying lots of money :-(
FollowupID: 575026

Reply By: OzTroopy - Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 01:53

Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 01:53
Had any luck yet ???

Will be ringing someone in Dubbo next week for bits and pieces.

They may know someone for inspection.

Vehicle brand ????

Don't for get a rego/vin number check if a private sale. Lots of stat writeoffs in NSW with no real damage. Seems like all the ones with major damage get fixed and fobbed off to unsuspecting buyers....go figure.
AnswerID: 309810

Follow Up By: 944runner - Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 09:52

Saturday, Jun 14, 2008 at 09:52
thanks for the offer OzTroopy

Yeah I found someone there that can do it, but at this stage I have decided against it unless the seller reduces his price. With the cost of getting the vehicle to Adelaide from Dubbo and then having to get it inspected and registered etc it takes it over my budget so I am letting it slip through.
Its a shame as I realy like the lok of it and without knowing what the inspection was going to uncover it was a gooer.

Oh it is a Daihatsu Feroza SXII 1994 model.
FollowupID: 575795

Sponsored Links